Little Black Romper










I was bitten by multiple mosquitos in an attempt to take these pictures. Priorities anyone? 

The Texas weather is getting the best of me with the temperature inching closer and closer to 95 degrees. It's only a matter of time before 100 degrees and above becomes the norm. Today, I wore a lightweight romper to hopes of beating the heat. Although it's black (and we all know that black is the one color that absorbs the most heat), it's breezy - for a lack of a better term - and easy to move around in. I paired it with gold accessories. I was debating whether to wear a statement necklace or statement earrings, but I figured the deep neckline could speak for itself.

Lately, I've been finding myself steering clear of Forever 21 and similar stores. I used to love these kind of stores because I could always find pieces that were on trend, and everything was so cheap. But now, I'm seeing the clothes for what they are - cheap. Many pieces I have from Forever 21, H&M, etc. are low quality, and fall apart after just a few wears. I'm taking a different approach to shopping now, and looking for more quality, staple items. Although they are bit more pricier than your run of the mill F21, at least, I can wear the clothing and jewelry more than once. 

This may seem a little contradictory, since the outfit I wore today comes from the very stores I just criticized, but I'm still transitioning! Cut me some slack! But every now and again, I manage to find something good in the cluster of crop tops with graphics on them, short dresses with mesh insets, and jeans that double as leggings (jeggings?).

I'm still working on finding a proper way to format my blog posts, how to edit my photos, and what exactly to talk about, so please be patient with me! Until next time!


Romper: Foreign Exchange | Earrings: Forever 21 | Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Shoes: Michael Kors

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous black romper....and I like how you have accessorized here! great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the positive feedback, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete